lunes, 9 de noviembre de 2009

Films and Cinema

I like going to the cinema. I love seeing a good film on the big screen, with a good sound system and feeling like you are a little closer to the story, the characters and the places that are shown. When I go with my boyfriend, we try to buy what we want to eat or drink at the supermarket, because things at the cinema are too expensive, and then we hide them J. Although sometimes we buy popcorn, I love them. When we rent a DVD and I have popcorn craving, we buy those that you have to put on the microwave and are ready in a few minutes.
About films, I have to say that I don’t have a favorite one, I like too many and very different films. However, I’ll write about two of them, but first I’ll tell you what a film needs to be a good film, for me anyways. It has to have good actors, with a good interaction between them, there has to be chemistry especially with the romantic couples. It also needs a good director and technical team, a good edition, to show scenes and to connect scenes in a way that makes you believe the story, and more important, make you feel things. The script and plot should also be very good, an awesome story accompanied with an awesome dialogue. And finally, a strong and great soundtrack with the adequate music on the adequate moment and with songs that make it impossible for you to not feel something.
On with the films. Alphabetically.

  • Amélie
    This is lovely film, with and absolutely awesome soundtrack. It manages to make you interested on the story, on what will happen to the main character. It is a pretty film.
  • Bourne Identity, The ( and Supremacy and Ultimatum)
    First, we’ve got a great character, a good plot and a nice development of said story line, with just enough romance and a healthy amount of action. Lots of pretty sceneries too, and well, I kind of like Bourne.
  • Charlotte Gray
    Very good film, I just love Cate Blanchett as an actress and her character is also a good one. It has suspense, action, romance, and has historical content. And the most important thing; it has a happy ending.

So, I’m running out of words.
Bye.

1 comentario:

Juan Luzzi dijo...

Good job, Victoria. You've written a fine post with interesting vocabulary and expressions.
Just one thing: I hope you never sit behind me in a movie show -I hate the sound of people eating pop corn when I'm seeing a movie. Imagine Hamlet saying "to be or not to...CRUMCH, CRUMCH!" (lol)

I've made a few corrections and suggestions. Here's your post.
I like going to the cinema. I love seeing a good film on A big screen, with a good sound system and feeling like you are a little closer to the story, the characters and the places that are shown. When I go with my boyfriend, we try to buy what we want to eat or drink at the supermarket, because things at the cinema are too expensive, and then we hide them. Sometimes we buy popcorn, THOUGH. I love IT. When we rent a DVD and I have popcorn-craving, we buy those that you have to put IN the microwave and are ready in a few minutes.
AS TO / WITH REGARD TO films, I have to say that I don’t have a favorite one, I like too many and very different films. However, I’ll write about two of them, but first I’ll tell you what a film needs TO HAVE to be a good film/WHAT IT TAKES FOR A FILM TO BE A GOOD ONE, for me AT LEAST. It has to have good actors, with a good interaction between them, there has to be chemistry especially with the romantic couples. It also needs a good director and technical team, a good edition, to show scenes and to connect scenes in a way that makes you believe the story/MAKES THE STORY BELIEVABLE, and more important, make you feel things. The script and plot should also be very good -an awesome story accompanied BY an awesome dialogue. And finally, a strong and great soundtrack with the adequate music, on the adequate moment and with songs that make it impossible for you NOT TO feel something.
On with the films. Alphabetically.
• Amélie
This is A lovely film, with and absolutely awesome soundtrack. It manages to make you FEEL interested IN the story, on what will happen to the main character. It is a pretty film.
• Bourne Identity, The ( and Supremacy and Ultimatum)
First, we’ve got a great character, a good plot and a nice development of said story line, with just enough romance and a healthy amount of action. Lots of pretty sceneries too, and well, I kind of like Bourne.
• Charlotte Gray
Very good film, I just love Cate Blanchett as an actress and her character is also a good one. It has suspense, action, romance, and has historical content. And the most important thing; it has a happy ending.
So, I’m running out of words.
Bye.